Beware, beware! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:26:28 -0500 (CDT)
From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Beware, beware!

Hello all,

After a TON of searching, debugging, throwing everything into verbose mode
on my LDM, I have just figured out why my data feed as been out much of
the day. First, my apologies to my downstream sites.

FSL is sending some files with bizarre names and my pqact is choking
on it, giving a "signal 11" error (that's the equivalent of a segmentation
fault). My backup machine, which is running 5.0.7, apparently doesn't
give a rip about these files and saves them without error. For now, I have
turned off the FSL entries in my pqact (but my downstream sites should
still be getting FSL2 just fine). If you are having your LDM die,
and are running 5.0.8, that may be the reason. I will now ask the powers
that be why they are sending these files across the FSL feed (twice the
normal size of the hourly and six minute stuff), and why only 5.0.8 is
choking on it. These have the names of "Net.CD" in them. I haven't seen
these before. The other six minute and hourly files are coming in just
fine, and are being processed normally.

Gilbert

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                ***