Re: Re[2]: Where'd that P go...

On 12 Jan 2000, Luc Gosselin wrote:

> Hey Robb,  Thanks for the reply.  I hope things are going well at the AMS.  I
> now know that you are on the road and I'm sorry to bug you in this way.
>
> My previous email I mentioned a line in the services like "ldm2 5005/tcp
> ldm2".
> The 5005 was not relative to anything.  I already have the entries as you
> pointed out "ldm 388/tcp ldm" and the udp and the rcp line for 300029.  My
> question was... is this the port number that I use in the ldmd.conf i.e. "exec
> pqing -vl /logs/whatever -P 388"

Luc,

Noop, 388 is the LDM port number that it uses to communicates to other LDM
systems. The -P port number is the port that you are reading the data from
your "port master" system.

Don't put the other -P port number in the etc/services or etc/rpc number.

or would I need a different port for this which
> would mean another entry in the services file?  Also before I set this box in
> place do you think that perhaps I should not use version 5.0.9?

5.0.9 should work fine.

Robb...