20000118: DDPLUS/HRS division

Harry,

the SSEC code that runs the pqing processes assumes first that
NOAAport products tagged as "text" are DDPLUS|IDS and the rest are
HRS.

Unfortunately, that logic breaks sometimes since RCM, DCP and other products
with binary characters come under NOAAport "text" categories. So,
a separate exceptions file is used by the top level injection sites
for specifying headers which contain binary characters and need to
go to the pqing -f HRS, as pqing will barf on binary characters
otherwise.

The ingestion sites really need to better specify what
products are HRS. They are probably globally matching a certain
pattern.

This is one thing I have eliminated with the dirrect injection to LDM
queue which bypasses the old pqing program. Hopefully we can
migrate to better feedtypes soon.

I forwarded your question to Robb so that he might look at the
exceptions list patterns.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support