Re: 20000503: LDM 5 on Red Ha

Matt Roberts wrote:

> Anne,
>
> I installed from the 5.0.10 source tarball, and I did run the ldmadmin as
> the user ldm.
>
> I have a group created called 'ldm' and a user in that group called 'ldm.'
>
> I did follow the online instructions--save for one point:  I did not
> create a runtime directory and then symlink all of the directories out of
> that link before installing.  I just installed it hard into the  ~ldm
> directory.  All of the files made it to where they were supposed to go as
> indicated in the online doco.
>
> All other instructions followed to the letter.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Hi Matt,

Well, let's tackle the two error messages separately.

Frist, let's address the mkqueue problem. Since the queue is a memory mapped
file, it needs to be on a local disk - a remotely mounted disk won't work.
Clearly, the directory permissions must allow writing to that directory by
the user 'ldm'.  If both these things are correct, try making the queue by
hand : As 'ldm' do 'pqcreate -v -c -s 100000000' to make a 100Mb queue in the
default location, ~ldm/data.  The -v option should give you some output.  It
may also write some useful diagnostics to the log file, so look there if it
doesn't appear to succeed.

Regarding the hupsyslog problem, both the executables hupsyslog and rpc.ldmd
need to be owned by root.   These ownerships should have been changed when
you did "make install_setuids" which must be done as root, as per the
instructions on the web page.   Check to see that this is the case.

Give these a try and let me know the outcome.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307