Re: 20000503: LDM 5 on Red Ha

Hi Matt,

Good news - I'm glad you're up and running.  I have a few comments
interspersed below.  (I have included nearly all your messages so our support
archive will be complete.)

Matt Roberts wrote:

> Anne,
>
> I think I have fixed my problems so far.  I have removed the entire
> installation, and reinstalled it, using the 'runtime' symlink as the doco
> indicates I should.  I thought that the runtime symlink was for
> conveninece, but it appears that it is needed for proper operation.  Also,
> you were right about the SUID in the makefile.  It works when you setup
> the 'runtime' link as the doco indicates.  This is what I get for
> assuming. :)

Well, I'm interested to know this.    I too did not think that the runtime
link would be essential.  Which compiler did you use?   I'm really curious to
know if pqcreate built with pgcc worked with the runtime link in place.

> I need to change our registration with you for our node.  It is listed on
> your page as wse.geog.okstate.edu.  This node should be
> ldm.geog.okstate.edu.  They are NOT the same IP address.  Our upstream
> primary has already been notified (about a year ago, as a matter of fact),
> however our failover has not.
>
> Thanks for all your help.
> Matt Roberts
> (Permament Contact: Steve Stadler)
> Geography Department
> Oklahoma State University

I will check into this.

Matt Roberts wrote:

> Anne,
>
> You will have a full box today, I think. :)  I have the LDM running
> satisfactorily, and I can connect to my upstream site okay.  I have added
> the CRONtab entries so that statistics will be collected.  We recieved an
> email about six months ago from Unidata stating that they hadn't been able
> to retrieve stats from this machine--after you all are able to update your
> hostname registration for our new LDM machine, you should be able to
> collect stats from it.
>
> Again, it's ldm.geog.okstate.edu (139.78.41.128).
>
> Thanks again,
> Matt Roberts
> Geography Dept.
> Oklahoma State Univ.

That's what my mail box is for!  I'm glad you're connected.  We'll look for
the stats.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307