Re: 20000607: LDM feeds

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Alan,

The ldm is coded to first check to see if our reserved port 388 is available.
If not, then it checks in with the portmapper on port 111.   So, the site's
administrator should simply open port 388 - opening port 111 should not be
necessary.

(The exception to this is the 'ldmsend' program,
which, for historical reasons, doesn't try port 388 directly.  If your site is
trying to use ldmsend and is concerned about security, I suggest they switch
to 'pqsend' or some other ldm library method.)

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307