Re: 20000607: LDM feeds

address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Anne,
>
> Sorry to have more questions....I'm trying to feed two sites from one LDM.
> If one site connects to port 388, can other sites connect at the same time?
>
> Now that I have the second site up and working, my first site (which was
> working fine) errors with : can't contact portmapper RPC: timed out
>
> Thanks,
> Alan.

Alan,

Yes, multiple sites can connect through port 388 at the same time.

If you had the first site running using port 111 (because port 388 wasn't
opened)  and then shut down port 111,  I doubt that the software can detect
the change on the fly and recover.  You probably need to restart the ldm on
that site.    That is, have port 388 open and port 111 closed before starting
the ldm on any downstream sites.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307