Re: 20000609: LDM Capacity

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Alan,

The volume of data you describe should not be a problem, as long as you don't
try to keep too much in the queue at any one time.   500,000Mbytes/day  works
out to about 21Mbytes/hr.   Using a conservative estimate, we push at least
2Gb/day (84Mb/hr), if not more.

It might be problematic if the files tend to arrive at the same times.  With,
say, a 150Mbyte queue, you could only hold 15 10Mbyte files at one time.

I can't say much about how the capacity of the LAN cards will affect your
network.  That is well below the level of the LDM.  However, the amount of RAM
in your machine(s) would affect LDM performance since the queue is a memory
mapped file.

We have made significant improvements in the performance of the LDM, which
will be made available in an upcoming release.   So, if you were to have
problems with the current version (which I don't think will be the case), this
future version should help.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307