20000602: pqact entry? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 08:17:06 -0600
From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: 20000602: pqact entry?

------- Forwarded Message

>To: Bob Lipschutz <address@hidden>
>cc: "Herbster, Chris" <address@hidden>,
>cc: address@hidden
>From: Chris Herbster <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: pqact entry?

Thanks Bob!

Yup, our machine just isn't coping well.  I think it is under RAMed,
only 112 MB, which is low for Linux....  The LDM runs fine with a
trickle of data, but dies when I try to increase to flow.

Right now I am only ingesting data from FSL and SUNY Albany.  SUNY
appears to be down, so only the ACARS data are entering the queue.

"ldmadmin tail" (with pqact in debug mode) sees:

Jun 02 22:20:46 opwx pqact[26675]: SIGALRM
Jun 02 22:20:46 opwx pqact[26675]: End of Queue
Jun 02 22:20:55 opwx pqact[26675]: SIGCONT
Jun 02 22:20:55 opwx pqact[26675]: 00a10cf2baa21126d902380af81c3186
384732 20000602222033.057    PCWS 000  FSL.NetCDF.ACARS.QC.20001542220.*
Jun 02 22:20:55 opwx pqact[26675]: End of Queue
Jun 02 22:21:10 opwx pqact[26675]: SIGALRM
Jun 02 22:21:10 opwx pqact[26675]: End of Queue

I assume that the "SIGALRM" comes from scanning the queue and not
finding anything to do, but that's a guess.

"ldmadmin watch" sees:

 Jun 02 22:20:56 pqutil:   384732 20000602222033.057    PCWS 000
FSL.NetCDF.ACARS.QC.20001542220.*

No decoders are fired off and no data are being written to disk.  (Other
DDPLUS data do get written to disk when I add FSU to the request.)

Here are the pqact.conf entries:

# FSL ACARS data
PCWS    ^FSL\.NetCDF\.ACARS\.QC\.([0-9]+)\..*
        PIPE    -close  /usr/local/ldm/decoders/bin/dcacars -v -b 30
        -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS-5.4/gempak5.4/tables
        -l logs/dcacars.log data/gempak/acars/YYYYMMDDHHNN_acars.gem

PCWS    ^FSL\.NetCDF\.ACARS\.QC\.([0-9]+)\..*
        FILE  -close data/netcdf/acars/\1.acars

The beginning of line characters are tabs.

Any ideas?  I've Cc'd the support folks at Unidata to see if they can
help.

Thanks again for the help!

Chris H.

------- End of Forwarded Message