Good news!

Hi Pat,

The good news is:  your ldm is running.  There
were, indeed, a few syntax errors in your
ldmd.conf file.  I don't know why the relevant
messages weren't written to the log - the logging
seems to be working fine.   Oh well.  There were
also a few discrepencies in your installation that
I fixed.  Anyway, it's running now.

You should be able to do:
    ldmadmin watch        # to see the data coming
in.  Quit this command with <cntl>-c
    ldmadmin log              # to view the log
file.

The less good news is that although you are
getting data, it's not being processed properly.
You have some problems in your pqact.conf file.
The problems were causing the ldm to fill up the
log file with error messages.  I took the liberty
of moving your pqact.conf file to a file name
pqact.conf.pat.  Then I moved your pqact.conf.orig
to pqact.conf and did a
    ldmadmin pqactHUP
which tells the ldm to reread the pqact.conf file.

I assume your pqact.conf.orig was the file you got
with the distribution that has everything
commented out.  Consequently, nothing's happening
with your data.  It's just sitting in the queue
until it gets too old and gets expired.  Thus, you
probably won't see much added to the log file.

To debug your pqact.conf file, I strongly suggest
starting with the original and adding entries line
by line, testing each one as you add it.  Although
it may sound tedious, it could save you a lot of
time in the long run.  It's very easy to introduce
bugs in that file - it seems to be the one that
gives people the most grief.

Like I said, I will be away Friday and Monday, but
there are other people here that might be able to
help you if you need it.  Send questions to
address@hidden (and not to me directly).

Good luck!

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000