20000719: McIDAS-X installation at Western Michigan (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Elen,

>The critical software for the grant is mcidas-X.  Ldm can wait another
>couple of weeks, because it will be used in the meteororlogy class in the
>Fall semester.

As you will see in a separate email, McIDAS-X is intalled on s418 and
basically runs.  The machine must have its shared memory increased
before you will be able to run a McIDAS-X session with more than one
frame of 640x480 size, however.

As far as the LDM installation goes, I started on it a little while
ago.  Since the HOME directory for the LDM is cluttered by a bunch of
stuff, I need to do some general house cleaning before I am satisfied
that things are as they should be.  So, I will be putting everything
that does not belong in the home directory in a directory named
backup.  This directory will have a number of files and several
subdirectories that someone there needs to go through.  My goal is to
leave the LDM account in the shape recommended by the LDM installation
and configuration guides.

>Thanks a lot!

You are welcome.

>Elen