Re: Bouncing Ideas

Daryl Herzmann wrote:

> Anne,
>         Thanks for the reply. You did understand my problem of file naming
> for insert into the queue.  I am currently appending hostnames to the
> files and then using the pqact.conf file to sort them out on the master
> server.  I was curious if I was going about this project correctly and
> utilizing LDM correctly.  Any thoughts on your end would be great!
>         Are there any plans to implement some sort of META data inclusion
> with pqinsert?  It would sure be nice for my situation.
>
> Thanks again,
>         Daryl

Hi Daryl,

One other thought suggest by my co-worker (Steve Chiswell) was using a symbolic
link to the file, then pqinserting the file with the link.  Here's his message:

> Anne,
>
> The easiest way to create a name as proposed below is to
> simply create a symboloc link from the file to the product name, then
> run pqinsert on that:
>
> % ln -s somefile "000822_test abe KFR"
>
> % pqinsert -v -l - "000822_test abe KFR"
> pqinsert:    62224 20000822183302.176     EXP 000  000822_test abe KFR
>
> rm "000822_test abe KFR"
>

> Chiz

What do you mean by META data inclusion?  If I'm guessing your meaning
correctly, we don't have a way to associate meta data with the data at this
point.  We have, in fact, been discussing the issue for a long time (we call it
"The Meta Data Issue") - that is, how to determine meta data and how to store
it.  Is this what you mean?

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307