Re: New topic

Steven Danz wrote:

> New question on a different topic.  How 'scalable' is LDM?  Are
> there known problems with one server supporting 50 clients, 100, 400?
>
> I'm looking at using LDM as data distribution tool amongst many
> downstream clients, but I don't want to have to build a IDD style
> web, just one pair of servers (primary and backup) and direct
> connections to all the clients.  The only problem I though might happen
> would be overloading the server with too many clients.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steven

Hi again, Steve,

I believe out most heavily loaded machine serves 15 - 20 clients.  It is a
quad-processor with 4G of RAM and 500G of disk space.  Other more average sites
feed about 8 - 10 clients.

Network connectivity is an issue for IDD servers as they must spend time
setting up and tearing down connections and possibly retransmitting products.
Presumably this would not be the case for an internal network.

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307