Re: New topic

Steven Danz wrote:

> That's the 'problem', I'm trying to build a distribution system that is
> not on the internal network, but out over the vast plains of the Internet.
> So running 100 clients through one system is probably a bad idea?
> Know of anyone trying this kind of thing with ldm?
>
> -swd

Oh - I don't think that will work.  I don't know of anyone doing such a thing.
I suggest you set up a tree configuration (although a circuit here or there
wouldn't break things as the LDM does do duplicate detection).  I think that
will work much better than having all sites feed from a single server, and it's
really not overly difficult to manage - we do it here all the time! :)  If each
site fed only 5 sites you'd only need a tree that's three levels deep.  Plus,
sites could failover if they lost their primary feed.  Just a thought...

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307