Re: Sequence number use in pqact.conf??

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Michael W Dross wrote:

> I have searched and could not find the answer... So I turn to you guys  :-)
>
> Is there a way in defining a pqact.conf entry that will use the sequence
> number?? I have tried with no luck. Consider the following example.
>

> DDPLUS  ^WHXX04 (....) ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-5][0-9])
>         FILE    -overwrite data/tropical/GFDL_Hurricane_Guidance.(\2:mm)\2\3\4

Mike,

I looked at the pqact code about the feedtype and pattern matches, here's
a comment that states the sequence number is NOT included in the match.

* If the feedtype matches AND ((the product ID matches the
* regular expression) OR (the pattern is "_ELSE_" AND nothing
* has been done to this product yet AND the first char of
* the ident isn't '_'))

This is a problem because products coming from different NOAAport ingest
systems will look differnt because of the different sequence number.  In
the ldm-5.1.2 release we added a -5 flag to pqing to NOT include the
sequence number in the md5 checksum.  Therefore, the checksum will just be
on the data section of the product and it can designate these type of
products as duplicates.  At this time, we have not implemented this
because it needs some synchronization between all the NOAAport ingest
source site.  I suspect it will happen in the next couple of months.

Robb...