Re: LDM 5.1.2. RedHat 7 Install

Justin Weaver wrote:

> Anne,
>
> You were right of course.  We reinstalled our RH7 with the networking
> services loaded.  I had to reload LDM, and I just did a binary install
> this time.  Anyhow, the same symptoms are there.  The new load doesn't
> seem to have changed anything and that makes sense after reading your
> note.
>
> As far as the feed is concerned, it is a data feed from our AWIPS
> system.  I have an asynchronous line connected from AWIPS to COM1 on
> the Linux box running LDM.  The data feed would be considered an AFOS
> feed and that is what I use for pqing under LDM v5.0.5.
>
> What I did was to fire up LDM for about an hour, capture the data feed
> during that time, and then shut ldm down.  I have attached to this
> message the data feed (ttydata), my ldmd.conf file, as well as
> ldmd.log.2 (the log file used for the hour in question) and awips_log
> (the pqing log file).  Running pqing in debug mode did show a message I
> don't recall seeing before (garbage encountered while searching for
> header).
>
> Hopefully, these files will help diagnose my problem.  Thanks Anne.
>
> Justin
> ---------------------------------
> Justin Weaver
> Lead Forecaster/AWIPS Focal Point
> National Weather Service
> Detroit/Pontiac (DTX)
> ---------------------------------

>               Name: ttydata
>    ttydata    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>           Encoding: base64
>
>                  Name: ldmd.log.2
>    ldmd.log.2    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>              Encoding: base64
>
>                 Name: ldmd.conf
>    ldmd.conf    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>             Encoding: base64
>
>                 Name: awips_log
>    awips_log    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>             Encoding: base64

Hi Justin,

The files were very helpful. I am able to reproduce the problem.
Unfortunately, this will require some debugging.  We don't really support AFOS
- in particular we don't have an AFOS stream here with which to test.  It's
possible that code in pqing pertaining to AFOS was broken during the interval
between 5.0.5 and 5.1.2.

So, I'll have to get back to you on this, and, given the holiday, it may not be
until next week.  I hope that you can get by until then.

And, (is it appropriate to say this under these particular circumstances?)
have a great Thanksgiving!

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307