20001220: ldm-5.1.3?

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

>In one of the Unidata announcements about the upcoming
>NOAAport NIDS it was stated (I belive by Anne) that we
>need to be running ldm-5.1.3.  However, when I go to the
>sunos-5.8_sparc ldm binary directory all I see is 5.1.2.
>When will 5.1.3 be available?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax
>NSBF/NMSU

Robert,
You should be running at least 5.1.2 to receive the NEXRAD feedtype
(it was introduced in LDM 5.0.10, but the product queue improvements
in 5.1.2 are really useful for the expected number of total products.

Only the sites ingesting the NOAAPORT data from satellite need to be running
5.1.3 in order to have the pqing version that creates the NEXRAD feedtype.

I will CC Anne to see if she has a timetable on providing a Solaris binary
distribution.

Steve Chiswell

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
(303)497-8644                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
Unidata WWW Service                        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/      <