Re: 20001221: Re: 20001219: ldm.h question on feedtypes (cont.)

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Gregg,

For the IDD network, when the data come in off the satellite, the SBN header
information is stripped off.  Our ingest software, pqing, uses just the product
header information to decide how to type the product.  So, we're not looking at
the 'type'.

We are putting SUDS5* under the feed type "NEXRAD".  The other NEXRAD products
that you mention, SDUS4*, SDUS6*, and SDUS8* are placed under our "HDS" feed
type.  We're constrained by the fact that  pqing was designed for the old FOS
stream.  Each invocation of pqing is for a particular feedtype, e.g HDS.  So, we
invoke pqing for HDS, but then we filter the SDUS5* products from that stream
into the NEXRAD feed type, leaving everything else under HDS.

We do have a local ingestor that does use the SBN header info to type products
into the new NOAAPORT feeds that we plan to move to in the future: NTEXT,
NIMAGE, NGRID, NGRAPH, NNEXRAD.  Regarding this ingestor, Steve Chiswell, who
wrote that software says, "You still have to check the WMO SDUS5i for NEXRAD
because NOAAPORT isn't providing a separate cat for it yet (even though the spec
reserves an ID for it).

Does this answer your questions?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307