LDM Hardware Recommendations

Hi Woody,

In reviewing this question and answer in our archives, it may address
some of your questions.  In the answer I recommended Solaris, but,
truly, I'm not totally convinced that it's far superior to Linux.  I
know that with Linux it's important to keep up on the patches, but with
that caveat, our Linux sys admin thinks it's up to par with Solaris.

Also, these recommendations were for a machine that won't be doing any
significant other processing, including decoding.  Will you be doing
other things on this machine?

So, take a look at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/mfs/65/4114?23#mfs.  If you have any
other questions let me know.  I hope this helps.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307