Re: 20010314: LDM installation support (cont.) (fwd)

Jeff Weber wrote:

> Anne & Tom,
>
> Could one of you lend Simon some insight...
>
> It is going a bit over my head.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Jeff

Hi Simon,

Let me step in here and see if I can help.

First let's establish that your ldm is running properly:

I see from the previous messages that logging is working and that you
are able to view the log.  Is there anything in there indicating any
problems?

Also, before you can file the data it's important to establish that
you're actually receiving the data.  Try 'ldmadmin watch'.  That will
show you information about each product as it arrives.  Also, try 'pqcat
-vl - > /dev/null'.  'pqcat' retrieves products from the queue and dumps
them to stdout.  This command will give you information about each
product in the queue, but won't try to display them to the screen (which
is especially helpful if there are binary characters in the products).

Please try these things and let me know what happens.

FYI, I will be leaving early today, in about an hour.  After that, I may
not be able to respond to you until Monday.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307