Re: 20010314: LDM installation support (cont.) (fwd)

Simon Kissler wrote:

> Hi Anne,
>
> sorry for the slow reply, but my week thus far has been very busy :). For
> a status update:  we seem to be ingesting something successfully, because
> it's eating disk space like there is no tomorrow (well, a little
> exageration, but it has a healthy disk space demand). I would appreciate
> if you could take a look at it at your leisure.
>
> I have set up an account for you to use and I would ask that you change
> the password once you log in or I can disable it the moment you are done.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Simon

Hi Simon,

I logged on and looked around (and changed the password).  Although I
did not spend the time to confirm that all products you were requesting
were being received, otherwise almost everything looked fine.  The file
structure matches our default.  ldmd.conf and pqact.conf looked good.
Initially there were a few write problems in the log, but they seemed to
have gone away after March 17, so I guess there's no problem there.

Although as user 'ucarsupp' I could not confirm it, it appears to me
that you have not scheduled any of the cron-related housekeeping tasks.
See  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmConfigInstallList.html,
and look especially at the sections "Configure a failover site",
"Configure the LDM Statistics", "Rotate the LDM logs", and "Purge old
data".  The last three will keep the *.stats files from piling up in the
logs directory, keep the logs from getting too big, and keep the data
from filing up your disk.  And failover is helpful in case your upstream
feed goes down for a while.

Otherwise, good work!  Let me know if you have any questions or notice
any possible problems.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307