Re: pqcat attempt

andrew farnsworth wrote:

> Hi Anne
> I tried the pqcat and received the following message:
>
> Mar 26 22:21:02 pqcat: Number of products 1224
>
> Now, we have no problem getting and burning CDs of hourly data - I assume
> that this is the 1224 products we are receiving, yes?
>
> Thanks again for your patience. I am looking forward to figuring this out.
>
> Best
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

First, what version of the LDM are you running?  If you are running
version 5.1 or greater, I recommend you take out "exec pqexpire" from
ldmd.conf.  We've improved the algorithms, and the program is no longer
needed and can be a bottleneck.   This is just a side note, not
pertainent to your problem.

Second, would you please do 'pqcat -vl - > /dev/null' and send me the
output?  I need to see what products are in your queue and how old they
are.  That could be the hourly data based on what you've told me, but I
don't really know for sure.

Third, I'm going to do some testing here on my own machine using some of
your pqact.conf entries.  This will take me a bit of time.  I'll get
back to you sometime tomorrow.  At this point I don't think a phone call
would be that useful for me.

So, please send me your pqcat output, and I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307