Re: IDD NEXRAD Selection Page

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Eric Nelson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I submitted changes quite a while ago through the
> www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/floaters/floaters.html webpage.  If you look at
> www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/floaters/FLOATERS it reflects the changes I
> made, however I am still recieving the old sites via NMC3 feed.
>
> Sorry to bug you guys on a friday night.
>
> Eric.

Eric,

Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. There's a couple reasons that
the change doesn't take place immediately,

- the old floater process doesn't die, so new one does not start until it
does die.

- the LDM was restarted and the floater process doesn't start

- the ldmsend process used to send the new floaters to motherlode was not
successful. Probably the case you mentioned.

If you make a request and the changed doesn't take place in 5 minutes,
make the request again.  If this also fails, make the request again adding
another site. The reason for adding another site is that the LDM sees the
second request as a duplicate product and ignores it so the floater
process is not started. Let me know the details about the problem if it
happens again, maybe I can make the process more robust.

Robb...