Re: help!

Jeff Weber wrote:

> Hi Shelly,
>
> I am forwarding this message on to Anne Wilson who will be more versed in
> this topic, and can help you...
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Jeff
> ____________________________                  _____________________
> Jeff Weber                                    address@hidden
> Unidata Support                               PH:303-497-8676
> NWS-COMET Case Study Library                  FX:303-497-8690
> University Corp for Atmospheric Research      3300 Mitchell Ln
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/jweber      Boulder,Co 80307-3000
> ________________________________________      ______________________
>
> On Tue, 29 May 2001, Happel, Shelly wrote:
>
> > Jeff,
> >
> > I'm going to work on setting up the ldm. I have it installed and just need
> > to configure it properly...
> >
> > I was discussing this with Arlene and she suggested I contact you for
> > assistance (sorry to burden you with this!). She said you may be able to
> > remotely log onto the machine and help me get it set up correctly.

Hi Shelly,

What is it that you want your ldm to do that it isn't doing?

> > There is also the issue of how to disseminate the data from the LDM. Arlene
> > is working on a grant with a co-worker and is specifically interested in
> > getting the real-time ETA model output working by next week.  The project
> > that she is working on with Marine Science is an ocean model that requires
> > input of the ETA 10m winds and surface temperature.  Can you help us
> > determine what would be the best way for us to set up an automatic transfer
> > of the model data to the marine scientists?

It should not be a problem for you to receive the ETA model as soon as
your system is configured.  But, I need more info regarding transfering
the data to the marine scientists.

If they want all the data all the time, the simplest way is to have them
run an LDM.  Is this possible? An alternative would be an automated ftp
session, but that would require new code development, and wouldn't
provide the robustness that the LDM provides.

If they only want this data on occasion, there are "pull" based servers
available.  However, that is beyond my area of expertise - I'd have to
pass you on to someone else.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307