Re: Figured it out

"Brian S. Miller" wrote:

> Anne-
> Yes the logging is working.
>
> You are right, the ldmadmin start still hangs, but I am getting data stored
> away just like it is supposed to.
>
> Attached is the log file and the pqact.conf and the ldmd.conf
>
> Thanks again for your help.
> Brian

Hi Brian,

The only problem I see in the files you sent was the following in
ldmd.conf:

# Under no circumstances comment out the next allow entry to localhost
# The LDM will NOT start if the lines are commented out.
#allow  ANY
#
^((localhost|loopback)|(127\.0\.0\.1\.?$)|([a-z].*\.unidata\.ucar\.edu\.?$))

You should uncomment this entry (like the comment says :).  Your
localhost will want to connect upon startup, and without this entry, it
can't.  I presume this is causing 'ldmadmin start' to hang.

Please let me know if this fixes your problem.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307