Re: Figured it out

"Brian S. Miller" wrote:

> Anne-
> I forgot to uncomment the pqact exec line from the ldmd.conf file.  That was
> the problem.
>
> Very sorry for bugging you guys.
> Brian

Hi Brian,

I just returned - missed the entire thread!

Having that line commented out should not have caused 'ldmadmin start'
to hang.  I'm surprised that that fixed the problem.  Often the startup
will hang due to a problem with the queue or a syntax error in either
ldmd.conf or pqact.conf.  Are you sure it wasn't something else?

It's always useful to check the log.  Is your logging working?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307