Re: 20010623: LDM 5.1.4 problem?

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> Anne,
>
> I hate to say "forget it"...but forget it! We're having so much trouble
> with this, my upstream is going to put 5.0.9 back on now and use that
> until the AFOS headers go away on October 1 and then you;'ll have to
> update LDM's AFOS to handle it. Maybe you could call it NWWS instead,
> since AFOS is dead? Oh well, something to consider in October. Thanks for
> all your help again!

> Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
> E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***
> Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                *

Hi Gilbert,

I saw all your previous messages this morning.  I'm sorry this hasn't
worked out for you.

First, an explanation.  We are governed by two committees.  One of them,
the User Committee, is the voice of our user community.  They are the
ones that tell us which streams to support.

Our user community has not indicated to us or to the Committe that the
NWWS stream is important to them, so we do not officially support it.
In fact, we never officially supported AFOS.  I understand that was done
as a favor to someone many years ago.

I appreciate all the help and support you've provided to us and the
community and I wanted to show that appreciation.  But, I doubt that
we'll be making any changes to the ingest to handle NWWS products in
October.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307