Re: 20010817: ASU LDM setup

Hello Talbot,

Welcome aboard!

Are you going to be transferring the IP and name of the machine to the new
or will we be dealing with a completely new entity?

If it is going to change, I suggest keeping the old one up and running
until we have the new one running...and you will want to go into your
ldmd.conf file and notify all who feed from you and all who you feed
from..both primary and failover, and all point to point connects, and
notify them of the change and when it will occur. For topo changes like
this the more "heads up" we can provide to everyone the better.

Soooo, the first thing you will want to do is install the LDM on the new
machine.

Please see:

http://unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/index.html

and I suspect you will go with a binary install, unless you desire to muck
with the code.

So go to LDM Preinstallation Requirements

and peruse document, then I would visit

LDM Binary Installation Check List

and then probably

LDM Setup

all these are links from the aforementioned URL.

These provide step by step instructions on how to load the LDM.

I would suggest making copies of your ldmd.conf file and probably your
pqact.conf file from your existing machine and transferring them over,
this will save you time, and probably some error troubleshooting.

There are also many searchable archives for help at the bottom of this
page, please feel free to scour them for advice...and as always, when an
answer cannot be found please contact address@hidden

Thank you and good luck..

I also maintain the topology so please keep me posted as to the new name
-if there is going to be one- and when the change will occur.

Thanks again,

-Jeff