Re: 20010817: FNEXRAD feed & LSU NOAAPORT

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Bob,

I'm unclear about what you're asking here.  If there was an earlier
message pertainent to this one, I missed it.  First, you want datoo to
get FNEXRAD, is that right?  But you also want information on setting up
the ingest process in general?

FNEXRAD is not available via NOAAPORT.  FNEXRAD products are identified
from the NEXRAD stream via a web page at DuPage and/or Millersville,
which then does an 'ldmsend' of the station names to motherlode.  On
motherlode, pqact uses a script to find and duplicate the appropriate
radar products and put them under the FNEXRAD feed type.

Consequently, I believe FNEXRAD is only available from motherlode.
(Robb, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.)

I see that on motherlode we have the following for you:

allow   UNIDATA|FSL2|DIFAX|NMC3 ^sirocco\.srcc\.lsu\.edu$
allow   UNIDATA|FSL2|DIFAX|NMC3 ^Nafhat\.srcc\.lsu\.edu$

I have added the following:

allow   UNIDATA|FSL2|DIFAX|NMC3 ^datoo\.srcc\.lsu\.edu$

Are any of these no longer applicable so they can be removed from this
conf file?  Is nafhat still in the picture?

Regarding info about ingesting from the SDI card, we really don't have
any formal pages.   We do have some experience that I can share with
you.  Please let me know if I'm on the right track here before I go any
further.

I will be away on vacation next week.  If you have any questions that
can't wait until Aug 27, send email to address@hidden.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307