Re: UCAR Abilene link down Friday 11Z - 13Z

Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Anne,
>
> Can you or one of your network folks be a little more specific about the
> hardware problem?  We've been fighting a hardware and software issue on
> our Gigapop router...
>
> Thanks, gerry
> --
>
> --
> Gerry Creager -- address@hidden
> Network Engineering
> Academy for Advanced Telecommunications and Learning Technologies
> Texas A&M University    979.458.4020  (Phone) -- 979.847.8578  (Fax)

Gerry,

All I know, and I think this is all that the network engineers know at
this time, is that CRC errors were detected at the Denver end of the
link.  They were unaware of the problem until I started reporting
latency problems - here's the relevant part of the resulting shutdown
notice:

"The FRGP equipment does not show any problems,
but the Abilene router shows CRC errors on the link.  These errors
usually indicate hardware problems on a circuit."

I'll let you know if they determine anything in their testing tomorrow.
If you don't here back from me, send me an email.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307