Re: large queue sizes

Jason,

>   I gave the command-line option to create a queue a try, and here's
> what I found:
>
> >pqcreate -s 2G -q /usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq
> >Sep 24 20:30:52 pqcreate[43285765]: mmap: 0 0 2194604032: No such device
> >or address
> >pqcreate: create "/usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq" failed: No such device or
> >address
>
>   ...this is strange, since it creates a 1GB queue without a problem.
> Could there be some sort of internal OS setting within IRIX that needs
> to be set?

This looks like the kind of message I get when I try to create a queue
on a disk partition that's remotely mounted.  Are you positive that
/usr/local/ldm/data/ is not remotely mounted via NFS?  You can tell
this by running the command:

  df -k /usr/local/ldm/data/

on the same host you are running the pqcreate command, and making sure
the output indicates a local rather than a remote disk.

If that's not it, then I'm not sure what is going on.  We'll try to
get a large disk hooked up to our SGI so I can investigate this
further.

--Russ