Re: 20010925: LDM: big latencies, RECLASS, SKIPPED products...

Christian Page wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw your message about network problems. It seems that my latency was
> because
> of 2 reasons:
>
> 1- Our machine had IRIX upgraded (6.5.7 to 6.5.13) so ldm was down for many
> hours.
> 2- Network problems you identified.
>
> SO, when ldm was restarted, I was always 60 mins behind, never being able to
> catchup. To fix the problem I added -o 900 in the rpc.ldmd invocation, so ldm
> was able to catch up 15 mins of data. Then, when I was up to date, I modified
> again rpc.ldmd inocation to remove the -o option to get back to 60 mins
> instead
> of the shortened 15 mins.
>
> Was there a more clean way to do this?
>
> Christian Page
> UQAM

I can see how the combination of the two might create a hole your LDM
could not climb out of.  So, you had to not request products in order to
catch up, but you were probably losing them anyway.  No, I can't think
of a better way to do that - your solution was great!

Thank you for letting me know the outcome.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307