Re: 20010925: why 1hr latency?

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Neil,

These results do indicate that while pluto is running on time, for some
reason you're not receiving the data on time.  That could be due to the
connection to pluto.  When you're seeing this, try a traceroute to pluto
and see what that reports.

It's also possible, but much less likely, that your machine is running
slowly for some reason.  Again when this is happening, try a 'top' to
see what your machine load is and to see what the top processes are.  If
you're filing or decoding a lot of data, processes spawned by pqact
could be hogging the CPU, or pqact could be dragging waiting on disk
I/0.

Also, are there any clues in the log?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307