Re: large queue sizes

Jason,

> This afternoon, I compiled a 64-bit version of LDM 5.1.4 on on SGI
> Origin 200 machine, running the latest version of IRIX.  After compiling
> and installing, I tried setting the queue size to 4GB in the "ldmadmin"
> script - and tried making a queue using "ldmadmin mkqueue".  For some
> reason, the program will only make a 1GB queue, and nothing larger.  The
> Unidata web page concerning large LDM queue sizes didn't discuss any
> other needed changes to the code besides 64-bit compiling.

Anne's recommendation to try making the queue with pqcreate instead of
ldmadmin using an argument such as "4G" or "4000M" to specify a 4
Gbyte queue is a good one.  If you are specifying the queue size
using something like "4000000000" instead, it's possible that the
version of perl used to interpret the ldmadmin script can't deal with
integers that big and is truncating them.  You might also try just
using "4G" with ldmadmin instead of "4000000000", since it should just
pass this string on to pqcreate.

We'd be interested in the results.

--Russ