Re: [data-curation] [conduit] All Good Things…

absolutely be missed. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into
keeping us apprised of changes, and for your excellent customer support help.
dir="ltr">Gilbert Sebenste</div><div dir="ltr">Consulting
dir="ltr"><br><blockquote type="cite">On Jul 17, 2024, at 4:31 PM, Mike
Zuranski &lt;mzuranski@xxxxxxxx&gt;
dir="ltr">Greetings everyone,<br><br>I am happy to announce that the NSF
Unidata Program Center has had our five-year proposal approved!&nbsp; This
award from NSF will help ensure that the UPC can continue to provide data,
tools and services to our users and other members of our community.&nbsp; This
is undoubtedly good news of course; we are delighted that NSF continues to
believe in and support the Unidata mission.&nbsp; More information on this
funding approval can be found here: <a
 this new award is roughly a 5% increase over our previous award five years
ago, as mentioned in that above post it was somewhat less than we requested in
our proposal.&nbsp; As a result of this unfortunate situation, the Data
Engineer position is one of three that is to be eliminated and I will no longer
serve here at Unidata after this Friday (7/19/2024).<br><br>I joined the
Unidata team as our Data Engineer nearly two years ago, the first time this
position existed in our organization.&nbsp; In that time, I have been proud to
serve alongside the rest of our staff to help support you, our users.&nbsp;
Much of this role was designed to be a liaison between UPC staff &amp;
leadership, data providers, our governing committees and everyone else in our
community, and I am privileged to have gotten to know so many amazing
people.&nbsp; I can safely say that it’s the people, especially our users, that
drive all of us here at the UPC to do what we do.&nbsp; It has been an
honor.<br><br>Many of you already knew me as a community contributor from
before I came to Unidata.&nbsp; The way I look at it, and as we used to say
back in my retail days, I’m being promoted back to user/customer.&nbsp; I love
being at this intersection of meteorology &amp; computer science and this
community has become my home.&nbsp; You will continue to see my name around
these lists and other places, and I look forward to our future discussions
&amp; collaborations.&nbsp; I may not know what the next leg of my journey
looks like quite yet, but I am excited for it.<br><br>Unidata will continue to
function as it has, and will continue to offer the same level of support we
have always been known for.&nbsp; If you ever have any questions, comments or
concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out!&nbsp; A list of our support
inboxes can be found here: <a
href="https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/#request";>https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/#request</a>
 &nbsp;Or you can use our Support Request Form here: <a
href="https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/requestSupport.jsp";>https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/requestSupport.jsp</a>
 &nbsp;And <a
href="mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>&nbsp;is
always open too.&nbsp; As noted in the Funding Approval post I linked at the
top, how the Unidata Program Center evolves from here is still unknown, but I
remain hopeful that the long-term forecast for our little organization will
include plenty of clear skies and calm waters. &nbsp;<br><br>"There is no such
thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."&nbsp; John
data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div
Center</div><div>University Corporation for Atmospheric
in the Unidata inquiry tracking system and made
information or to unsubscribe, visit:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/
  • Search the data-curation archives: