[data-curation] Regarding recent changes at the NSF Unidata Program Center

Hello NSF Unidata community,

In the wake of the U. S. National Science Foundation’s award of financial
support in response to NSF Unidata’s most recent core program funding
proposal, there have been several changes at the Program Center. We
appreciate the thoughtful comments concerning these changes made via our
e-mail lists, and understand that a lack of community-wide communication
from the Program Center about what is happening has raised concerns.

Our planning process is still in its initial stages, but we want to assure
the community that at present, while we anticipate reductions in the pace
of software development and increased wait times for technical support as a
result of changes to our staffing levels, *our software and data offerings
remain unchanged*.

An article posted on the News@Unidata blog, Recent Changes at the NSF
Unidata Program Center
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/recent-changes-at-the-nsf>,
attempts to explain the Program’s current situation, what changes have been
made, and what we are planning to do next.

We at the Program Center are grateful for the support we have received from
the broad NSF Unidata community, and look forward to working together with
you to advance Earth Systems Science research and education.

The NSF Unidata Program Center Staff
  • Search the data-curation archives: