Re: [ldm-users] [mcidas-x] Concerns about the future of UNIDATA

  • To: "Sebenste, Gilbert" <sebensteg@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] [mcidas-x] Concerns about the future of UNIDATA
  • From: Stonie Cooper <cooper@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2024 08:23:45 -0500
I am only speaking for myself as a member of the LDM development team.

Thank you for your email and responses to the various group lists.  Your
thoughtful and empathetic prose only affirms your passion for Unidata
products and access to those products, as well as having a voice in the
present and future development paradigm at Unidata.  I understand how you
would feel the way you do and recognize the angst you are experiencing. My
initial responses were unfortunate, and I apologize to any that felt
offended, slighted, disrespected, or a target of unprofessional replies.

Personally, I am now under a professional development plan that is a direct
outcome of these exchanges; the first part of which was an apology to all
those that felt injured.  I am grateful for the opportunity to be made
aware or reminded of the components of the community that bravely express
their feelings in response to the outcomes of recent fiscal changes at NSF,
UCAR, and specifically, Unidata.

Again, only speaking as a developer on the LDM development team, your
thoughts and concerns are recognized.  Please know that, as far as my role
is concerned, your emails will have a lasting impact.  Community consensus
will be considered at each step on the method, path, and focus of LDM
development.

I also want to thank the groundswell of support from others that may not
have contributed publicly to this conversation.  From users to peers to
leaders in the field that have reached out directly or indirectly – thank
you.  And bless your hearts.

*Stonie Cooper*
Software Engineer III
NSF Unidata Program Center
*I acknowledge that the land I live and work on is the traditional home of
The **Chahiksichahiks (**Pawnee), The **Umoⁿhoⁿ (**Omaha), and The **Jiwere
(**Otoe).*