Re: [ldm-users] Occasional bad GOES-16 FullDisk data on SBN

Gilbert heard back, there was a solar calibration scan performed at around
11:05 that did flip G16 to Mode-4 and back.  Okay, I'll accept that as a
cause for anything around that time, I'll give that the benefit of making
sense.  But that doesn't explain the ongoing anomalies...

Take the period between 20:50 and 21:20 today, I'm using this link as a
reference:
https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=global-halfdiskeastnorth-02-96-0-100-1

Those two times seem to have come in okay, but the two frames in between do
not.  So something about that data merits further investigation, using
McIDAS I can confirm via Unidata's ADDE that those frames are garbled as
well.  Only this time G16 was *still in Mode-6* and the top half of the
image is missing when displayed.  This appears to be unrelated to the solar
scan this morning, that's looking like coincidental timing more than
anything related.  I'll take the blame on picking what I thought was an
interesting time to use as an example (facepalm).  But some other issue
remains.

This isn't only Band 2 either, I see similar issues across all bands I
think, though it still seems limited to GOES-16 NP Full Disk data.

-Mike

--
- Mike Zuranski
  • Search the ldm-users archives: