[ldm-users] ubuntu 24.04 special directions for installation from source, and --with-noaaport

  • To: LDM <ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ldm-users] ubuntu 24.04 special directions for installation from source, and --with-noaaport
  • From: Stonie Cooper <cooper@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2024 15:25:42 -0500
If you do NOT ./configure --with-noaaport, you may safely delete this email
and disregard it.

These are the steps I took to resolve a compiling issue with the
--with-noaaport option at ./configure - please do as you see fit for your
local needs.

Install ubuntu 24.04:

Type of Installation: Ubuntu Server

Featured server snaps: -none-

*reboot*

In fresh install:

*apt update*

*apt upgrade*

*apt install build-essential*

*apt install net-tools*

*apt install pax*

*apt install libz-dev*

*apt install libpng-dev*

*apt install libxml2-dev*

<create your user group with groupadd>

<create your user with useradd - will assume "*ldm*" for rest of directions>

Follow the directions for 6.15.0 here (until . . .)

https://docs.unidata.ucar.edu/ldm/current/basics/source-install-steps.html

Stop short of the "make install" line, and then perform the following if,
and only if, perform the ./configure step with --with-noaaport.

Before the "make install":

Edit the file ~ldm/ldm-6.15.0/src/noaaport/Makefile, line 327, and edit the
AM_CXXFLAGS to look like this:

*AM_CXXFLAGS = -std=c++17*

Save.  Then edit the file ~ldm/ldm-6.15.0/src/noaaport/FrameQueue.h, moving
your cursor to after line 21 that is:

*#include <mutex>*

And add the two follow lines:

*#include <string>*

*#include <stdexcept>*

Save.  Then, continue with the step:

*make install >install.log 2>&1*

And on to completion.

That should take care of the installation ubuntu 24.04.  The issues that
require the edits above are already resolved in the development tree for
LDM on github, and will be in the next stable release.

*Stonie Cooper, PhD*
Software Engineer III
NSF Unidata Program Center
*I acknowledge that the land I live and work on is the traditional home of
The **Chahiksichahiks (**Pawnee), The **Umoⁿhoⁿ (**Omaha), and The **Jiwere
(**Otoe).*
  • Search the ldm-users archives: