[AWIPS #UPA-824893]: awips

Hi there,

> It is the Satellite Loop Interactive Data Explorer in Real-time developed by
> the Cooperative
> Institute for Research in the Atmosphere (CIRA) in partnership with the
> Regional and Mesoscale
> Meteorology Branch. It can be found here:
> https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=meteosat
> -9&sec=full_disk&x=1856&y=1856&z=0&angle=-15&im=12&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=130&motion=loop&maps%
> 5Bborders%5D=white&p%5B0%5D=cira_debra_dust&opacity%5B0%5D=1&pause=20240619170021&slider=-1&
> hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&draw_color=FFD700&
> draw_width=6
>
> Similar to AWIPS it brings in GOES data, I was hoping that it would be
> possible to access the
> Meteosat data and subsequent Debra dust product through AWIPS-Python but
> online it seems to
> only reference GOES data.

Thank you for clarifying!

Unfortunately, Metosat is not a data product we receive over our LDM, so it is
not something we
ingest and serve in AWIPS (our EDEX server).  You might be able to ingest it
into a custom EDEX
server of your own, and then access it with python-awips, but it's not
something we have available
at this tome.

Thanks.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: UPA-824893
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.