RE: (#WCA-4105061) LDM 6.15.0 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.10 on VMware

-#-#- Please reply above this line -#-#-

Your ticket #WCA-4105061 has been updated. You can reply to this email above or review the ticket by going to:
https://support.unidata.ucar.edu/tickets/view/WCA-4105061?token=ebaeb59ab67b85d1d61ab2dd4f4ebf0d754637ec

Stonie Cooper
Staff - Tuesday 10th September 2024 2:29 PM

James - Sorry for the a few questions - but I will need a little background.

What tool or log are you using to show that there is incoming data to noaaportIngester?  I just want to confirm that you are actually getting data to that point, as it would be unusually to get that far and not have data going into ldmd.

So, here are some questions:

  • what does your noaaportIngester entries look like in your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file?
  • most VM instances like to do weird things to the NICs - virtual or not - could you send me a snippet of the output when you run:

tcpdump -i <the interface attached to the Novra, directly or indirectly> -n -n

  •  could you send me the output from "ldmadmin showsettings"?

Stonie Cooper, PhD

Software Engineer III

NSF Unidata Program Center

I acknowledge that the land I live and work on is the traditional home of The Chahiksichahiks (Pawnee), The Umoⁿhoⁿ (Omaha), and The Jiwere (Otoe).

Gerlach, James
User - Tuesday 10th September 2024 1:43 PM

Good day. We have compiled LDM 6.15.0 on a RHEL 8.10 VM, and we are trying to use noaaportIngester to receive data from Novra S300N. When we start the ingester, packet capture shows multicast stream, but we are not receiving data into queue. Would you have any documentation or suggestions specific to running noaaportIngester on VMware, or is anyone available to help us troubleshoot? Thank you for taking a look at this.

Ticket Details

Ticket #: WCA-4105061