From: Woolf, A (Andrew) [mailto:A.Woolf@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: March 14, 2008 10:50 AM
To: Ron Lake; Luis Bermudez; Simon.Cox@xxxxxxxx
Cc: galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [galeon] Fwd: CDM feature and point types docs

My point was that for most of marine and atmospheric science the
"meaningful entities in the domain" ARE points, profiles, trajectories,
sections, grids etc. No more, no less.

Of course they can be cast in an Observations framework - after all
there is an instrument (XBT, CTD, radiosonde, wind profiling radar)
measuring a property (temperature, salinity, wind) of the feature (with
a coverage result) - but the feature is a 'Profile'.

(This is exactly what we do in CSML.)