Re: 2000030301850

Collin Daly wrote:

> Hello,
>     How would I view the .stats file in the local/ldm/logs directory
> automatically on an hourly basis?  I'm looking for something similar to the
> tail -f of a log file, but I'm not sure how I would set that option for the
> hourly generated .stats files.  I'd appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks,
> Collin
>
> SunOS
> ldm ver. 5.0.8

Collin,

My 'tail' command (on my Linux box) has a option that you could try if you
have it also:

`--sleep-interval=N'
     Change the number of seconds to wait between iterations (the
     default is 1).  During one iteration, every specified file is
     checked to see if it has changed size.

Or, you could run an 'at' job every hour to 'cat' or 'more' or 'tail' the file
when it's run.  See the man page for 'at' for more info.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307