Re: 20000622: Unable to do 'ldmadmin stop' (fwd)

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: address@hidden (Steve Carson)
> >Subject: Unable to do 'ldmadmin stop'
>
> Greetings;
>
> I was about to shut down our LDM when I got the following
> response:
>
> mop1 15% ldmadmin stop
> stopping the LDM server...
> Jun 22 21:50:45 UTC mop1.eos.ucar.edu : make_lockfile: another ldmadmin
> process exists
>
> So what "lockfile" do I need to delete? There are *no* other
> processes owned by 'ldm' that have anything to do with ldmadmin
> currently running on our system (mop1).
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Steve

> Steven G. Carson       NCAR/ACD            voice: (303) 497-2916
> Software Engineer II   PO Box 3000           fax: (303) 497-2920
> MOPITT Program         Boulder, CO 80307   email: address@hidden
> -----------------------------------------  radio: W0SGC  -------

Hi Steve,

You can use 'ldmadmin clean' which should clean up the lock file for you.
('ldmadmin -h'
or 'ldmadmin -usage' will show you the options possible for ldmadmin.)

Depending on how this happened, it's possible that when you restart the ldm
your queue
might be corrupted.  If this is the case, stop the ldm, do 'ldmadmin delqueue',
then
'ldmadmin mkqueue', then restart the ldm.  It should be able to catch up by
re-requesting
the past hour's data from your upstream feed.

Anne