Re: 20000626: steps in the binary installation of the LDM

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Pat,

Sure, you can go ahead and start up the LDM.  It will simply eat up CPU
cycles waiting for data to appear.   Even without data you can confirm that
at least those portions of the code are running properly.    And, you can
certainly try the configuration, although you won't be able to tell if
you've configured it properly until your upstream feed is turned on.

Here are a  few things you can do to verify that what you've got so far is
working:

    'ldmadmin ps': should show you that there are a few processes owned by
ldm that are running.  You should see at least one rpc.ldmd process.  When
you put 'exec pqact' in your ldmd.conf file you should also see one pqact
process.
    'ldmadmin pqactcheck': will check that the syntax in your pqact.conf
file is (mostly) correct
    'ldmadmin tail': will show the end of the current log file
    'ldmadmin config': shows the LDM's configuration

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307