Re: UNIDATA LDM feed types (fwd)

Todd McInerney wrote:

> Thank you, Anne.
>
> Given the information below, I think we will try with the 975 MB queue for the
> time being and check how old the data is.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> - Todd
>
> Anne Wilson <address@hidden> on 08/01/2001 12:25:11 PM
>

>  To:      Todd McInerney/WCSU@WCSU
>
>  cc:      Jeff Weber <address@hidden>,
>           address@hidden
>

>  Subject: Re: UNIDATA LDM feed types (fwd)
>

> Hi Todd,
>
> I'm unavailable to provide support through the end of this week as I am
> teaching a workshop that starts tomorrow.  Can you get by with your
> 975Mb queue until next week?  Depending on what you are requesting that
> could well be sufficient - the hourly maximum for our most popular
> feedtypes was recently calculated to be just under 500Mb.   (The average
> was under 200Mb.)  If you build your 975Mb queue, let the LDM run for a
> while, then use 'pqmon' you can see how old the oldest product is in
> your queue, which will let you know if you're holding more or less than
> an hour's worth of data.
>
> If you need support sooner let me know and I'll try to find someone else
> to help you.
>
> Btw, we recommend *not* running pqexpire for LDM version 5.1.2 or
> greater.  FYI.
>
> Anne
> --

Hi Todd,

I have returned from teaching the workshop and am available to help you
now.  How is your 975Mb queue working for you?  Are you getting all the
products that you want?  Are you able to determine the age of the oldest
product in your queue?

Also, please show me the output of the 'df -k' command.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307