[IDV #LMG-977472]: UNIDATA IDV

> Good morning.
> My name is Florencia Anahí Bravo, from Argentina-Buenos Aires. I am
> writing to you because I am interested in the IDV program and I have a
> project to plot SYNOPS with Wind data (Direction and intensity) in NDS ,
> Temperature, Dew Point, Pressure in HPA , baric trend, and
> Meteorological phenomena for the following area: Lat : 0°S to 65° S
> Long: 30°W to 90°W.
> In order to know if you can guide me and send me a guide to be able to
> plot the SYNOPS from its source or adding a directory such as: Ogimet
> https://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynop?zona=amersurs&base=single&proy=orto&ano
> 24&mes?&day!&hora&enviar=Ver
>
> So that when you select the SYNOP option it will automatically plot on
> the map viewer panel.
> I am looking forward to your response.
> From already thank you very much.

Hi Florencia,

The IDV does support the SYNOPS displays, the common data formats that are used
include CSV and netCDF. I
can help you to define the format and it should be very easy to create the
display after that.

Yuan

Ticket ID: LMG-977472
Department: Support IDV
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.