[netCDF #IIN-321311]: problems of compatibility of netcdf files

Would it be possible to provide an example netcdf file that is working, by any
chance? It would be easier to figure out what is happening.  Also, have you
tried with the gnu compilers, by any chance? If so, do you see the same
behavior?

Thanks!

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> I am running  a code called nemo (https://www.nemo-ocean.eu/) which uses
> netcdf files for input and output. If I use somewhat older version of
> netcdf / hdf5 (4.3.2 / 1.8.12 resp.) then my code runs fine. However if
> I use newer netcdf / hdf5 (4.9.2 / 1.12.2 resp.) then the code produces
> NaN values. For compilations I tried Intel compiler of different
> versions (Intel 2018 to 2023) but I see the same problem always.
>
> The input netcdf files are of different format (e.g., netcdf 3,
> netcdf4-classic, netcdf4 etc). I have tried to convert all the files to
> netcdf4 format using nccopy command. But still the problem persists. To
> me it seems some bug in latest netcdf library.  Can you help me to debug
> this problem?  I can send more details as required.
>
> Thank you for help
>
> regards,
>
> Chandan
>
> Chandan Basu
> Partner Manager / Application Expert
> National Supercomputer Centre

Ticket ID: IIN-321311
Department: Support netCDF
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.