[python #PAB-183806]: Installing Py-ART to an Already Existing Environment

Greetings!

Apologies for the delayed response.

I would recommend not using Anaconda itself, but follow the setup instructions
from Project Pythia:

  https://foundations.projectpythia.org/foundations/conda.html

These use miniconda, which should simplify the process. There have also been
advancements in solving environments in more recent releases, so using a more
recent version might help here.

Cheers!

Ryan

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to install Py-ART into one of my environments within
> anaconda, but have made no progress in the 3 hours that it has been loading.
> I am using the anaconda navigator to access everything and have been trying
> to install Py-ART through that. My only thought is that it is struggling to
> add it to an environment instead of creating the environment specifically for
> Py-ART. Do you have any tips or should I just keep waiting to see if there is
> any progress? My professor said it didn't take this long when he installed it
> to his existing environment. Thank you for any help and if you need any more
> specifics, just let me know.

Ticket ID: PAB-183806
Department: Support Python
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.